1. The _____ argument that raged in the office for days was not _____ to getting work done.
provincial/petulant impetuous/provincial petulant/protracted protracted/conducive
2. Can we ______ from the uproar in the newspapers that the senator has refused to ______ his controversial statement?
retract/induce deduce/retract evince/deduce retract/evince
3. What was the ______ for the supposedly _____ hockey team's decision not to play in the playoff game?
conviction/induce impetus/invincible impetus/petulant provincial/retract
4. Sam became so _____ that he ran away and climbed a tree, and nothing could _____ him to come down.
protracted/intractable conducive/evince petulant/induce provincial/retract
5. Nothing _____ Ben's tendency to act without thinking more than his _____ decision to become a daredevil pilot.
evinces/impetuous retracts/impetuous induces/intractable deduces/provincial